Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Film Cleaner?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member FastFilms's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I recently called Kodak to order some more lubricated movie film cleaner and I was told that it has been discontinued. I'm almost out of the cleaner. Does anyone know a good subsitute?

    Michael

  2. #2
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    try here: www.christys.net

  3. #3
    Inactive Member c_77's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2001
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The people at Urbanski film supply are exremely nice. I would like to try Ecco but it costs a little more. Filmrenew is cheaper and works very well, but is slow drying. Give them a call today. Whoops, they're closed till the 20th.
    http://www.urbanskifilm.com/

  4. #4
    Inactive Member FastFilms's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for all the info. guys. I knew there would be members on this board that would steer me in the right direction.

    Michael

  5. #5
    Inactive Member chas_ucla's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't you love the way Kodak discontinues a product but doesn't offer a replacement?

    Luckily there are substitutes:
    Try the Ecco 1500 film cleaner/lubricant. You can get it (or other cleaners) through Urbanski
    http://members.tripod.com/~Moviecraft/supplies.html

  6. #6
    Inactive Member mcarter4121's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 20th, 2001
    Posts
    154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There are at least two other kinds not listed here; one is film guard made by the moderator of a film collector forum here: http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/
    But, I don't know how to purchase it.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member chas_ucla's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs up

    This must not be my day.

    The guy whose product I just plugged (FilmGuard) just sent me a nasty e-mail and kicked me off his message board!
    http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/

    I have no idea what terrible crime I've committed but who knows? Maybe I didn't rave about his product (which I haven't even had the chance to try out) or misspelled it or didn't perform some sort of unmentionable Super-8 ritual...filmmakers these days...

    Oh well...can't win 'em all...

  8. #8
    Inactive Member chas_ucla's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Ecco 1500 is not expensive. Around $20.00 for a bottle that will last you months, maybe years.

    The FilmGuard stuff is available through dealers on this page. Looks intriguing:
    FilmGuard" target="_blank">http://www.film-tech.com/filmcleaning/filmguard3.htmlFilmGuard</a>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •